Creating rooms in dynamo

I am working on a project in which I have to create a house plan of a single floor based on the user’s demand. The machine learning part has been done and now based on the output of the machine learning I have to create rooms. I am also providing the thing that how much I have done in dynamo. Now i have to create rooms in dynamo so the houseplan can be built upon. Can anyone contribute to this projectProject.dyn (44.2 KB)

Hey try to adopt this:

It will replace all your list at index nodes.

Its easyer for us to provide help if you upload a test project and the excel file aswell.

Hi,
I have worked on it long back but not in this way. (by ML way)
Can you tell me how will you name those rooms in room name parameter?
Do you take those inputs from CAD plan?

Actually I have implented ML to take out the dimensions (height and width) of every room now based on the height and width I have to create the rooms. This is my approach.
Do tell me what you have implemented…

I have uploaded the project and here is the excel file. Do take a look and suggest me accordingly
xlwt example3.xls (5.5 KB)

Could you give an example of a Revit project?

@m.affanabid - looking your graph over, it appears that you would be well served to take a moment to review the primer. Placing a node for every room is going to create some issues - you’d be better served to leverage some list lacing and levels. While your project has 16 possible rooms today, tomorrow it may have 17, or 15, or 12, or… well you get the idea. I also recommend tackling this all in Dynamo Sandbox instead of Dynamo for Revit. This will remove the complication of room placement from your mind - if you can’t manage to place the boxes in Dynamo Sandbox correctly and efficiently, then you will not be able to place them using Dynamo for Revit, nor will you be able to push them into the Revit UI. Look into the Rectangle.ByWidthLength methods, and then look at your data structure to work out how you could shift each rectangle by a given value which you have previously attained.

Also, your data in the excel file is very poorly structured. Row 1 contains a bunch of parameter names, and row 2 contains a bunch of values. Instead you could store the room number in column 1, the room name in column 2, the width in column 3, the length in column 4, the height in column 5, the other value you will someday care about in column 6, and so on. This may mean that your machine learning aspect needs some adjustments in how the data is output.

2 Likes