Creating Individual Room Views using Dynamo

Hi,

I’m working on a large project where I have to generate a room layout sheet for a floor plan for multiple different types of rooms. From what I’ve read this can be done through Dynamo, I found a few scripts on how to do this but they haven’t quite worked out for me, mostly because I couldn’t find one or two particular node that was required, even in the packages search.

Only problem is I don’t have the time to play around with Dynamo, as much as I would love to, and if I don’t come up with a solution I’ll have to move to and do it manually as the client wants to see results.

Thanks

Your last statement might seem like an oxymoron to many.

In any case you are unlikely to get much help if you aren’t going to articulate your problem/intent better (preferably something visual)

1 Like

Sorry what I meant by last statement is that if I didn’t figure it out soon using Dynamo, I would have to start manually cropping rooms and feeding them bit by bit to the client. But I’ve achieved what I wanted to do using a Python Shell script I found. It cut all the rooms like in image. I’m going to study Dynamo in my own time, I can really see the advantages of it across multiple projects. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if it is possible to create elevations of these rooms by using Dynamo. Capture

I think this blog post from learndynamo.com will help immensely:

1 Like