Creating parameters of type "Family Type: Security Devices"

I’m trying to create batch parameters of type “Family Type: Security Devices” But i can’t find these parameters on the list of parameter Types.
Can anyone help me please?

Up!

Document is not connected to any node.

Document doesn’t need to be connected if the family is open in the background… wich is the case.

Sorry ramoon

Document is required when you are create a family parameter.

1 Like

Man… try do the same thing in the family editor in the background and don’t connect it to the document input… it will work. It always works with me!
however… i can’t create family type parameters

Remove Code Block

Connect Parameter Types node to Family.CreateParameter|DanEdu node

then try.

I know that… however you cant create a parameter of type “Family type: Security Devices”

Parameter Types is take Variable, not String.

Is there a way to convert from string to variable?

That’s the type of parameter i want to create

and that is the code i’m doing in dynamo

And this is the Dyn File
Create Parameter.dyn (5.9 KB)

@ramoon.bandeira

Type takes an input from this list, not a family type

2 Likes

So… it’s impossible to create parameters of type “Family Type: Security Devices” through Dynamo?

@ramoon.bandeira

The parameter has to be created and after that set to the category Security Devices.
You can create a Yes/No Parameter called Security Devices but i don’t see the point as it has already been set to the Category Security Devices. All families created with the template Security Devices will automaticaly go in that category. You use a Type of parameter here thats called “Family Type,” as far as i can tell you use this for interchangable nested families.
Edit:
I guess i’m missing the point here. I must be wrong

2 Likes

I think i gave up to use this solution at the time.
I find a workaround, but i’ll try your solution later.
Thank you @erfajo