Creating Mesh or Surface in Revit to show Deformation

Hello,

I would like to show the deformation of the ceiling in Revit. I already have points to show the deformation which I got out of Sofistik (as you can see in the backround of the picture), but I want to create a mesh or surface and also import that into Revit. Anyone knows whats the easiest way to get there? For using the Mesh function I would need an index group, but the points are random and sorting this much points, would take a lot of time, so I don’t know if this is the best way.
Thanks!

Hi @klara.steinMZ7FJ

This is not the best approach to convert it into a mesh, but at least it works. You just need to create a floor that covers all points and to use the node “Floor.SlapShapeByPoints” provided by Clockwork as shown below. Using the node “Element.Geometry” you can easily convert it into a solid and pass it to the node “ByGeometry” provided by MeshToolKit to generate a mesh.

Sorry for answering this late! I tried your method and it worked, but the number of the points were to reduced for me, so in the end I actually wrote a python script to get the index groups and used the Mesh and directshape methods. But thank you!

Hi, it’s nice to hear that it worked out. Actually in the meantime i found another solution and in my opionon it’s better than the first solution. Adjusting the elevation has to be done as well.

1 Like

Ah nice! I Actually tried that before, but it didn’t work out for because I have too much points :smiley and it always fails :smiley: