Creating filled region for each wall layer

Hi,

It was possible to create a filled region over an entire wall with multiple layers(finish, isolation, finish), is it possible to create multiple filled region for each layer of the wall?
I tried to figure it out with identifying the layers but I could only get to the part where I got information about the wall. As in the what material is each layer and what is the with of each layer. I couldn’t figure out how to continue. (sorry I’m pretty new with dynamo)

Thanks
2DFilledRegion - 05 (example found HOR).dyn (34.9 KB)

1 Like

Great…you could give it a take with parts…

1 Like

I have to ask why you’d do this though…

4 Likes

Thanks, i appreciate the help!!
You did great with separating each layer of the wall, but for the filled region is it possible to give each layer a different filled region? So with this example all of the layers are black atm, is it possible to five the structure layer concrete and then de finish layer a wood filled region?

Hey, yeah i can understand it might seem off, but this helps when creating certains details

You know about cut profile?
I ask because creating a load of 2D elements is generally not great practice.
Maybe once in a while you’d want a filled region or two, but to create a Dynamo script suggests you’re doing this a lot.

Even better, make detail items for your details and place them using dynamo if you need to.

Filled regions = sin

Cut profile is less of a sin but a complete pain in the A if your walls/floors/roofs move or change

1 Like

Yes it is, but is isnt a method i recommendt at all with filled region, but if that is the way you wanna go…then feed in different filledregion types as many layers and probably some lacing and list level

yeahh you’re leaving yourself massively open to risks doing this. if 3D elements move. the 2D filled regions won’t. there is the risk of details then not matching what is in the model unless you run the script every single time you look at the detail. The filled regions also aren’t tag-able. You’ll be giving yourself more work typing out annotations in details using filled regions. just give the wall the correct layers and use a material tag to tag those layers. Again leaves you less open to risk as that tag can now be updated / controlled in multiple details at the same time. edit one you edit them all.

You ideally want to rely on the 3D model for your detail as much as possible to ensure the detail is inline with all other drawings that also utilise what is in 3D