Creating automatic annotation tags from 'mark value'

Hi,

I am new to dynamo but would like to implement it into the models we use everyday. I am trying to start small by automating small tasks whiten our models.

I want to start by tagging our communication devices using dynamo, in our views we could have 100 + tags, but only those with the relevant mark value will display the tag.

(‘Mark’ value under identity date)

So if the drawing is for say ‘Pen Company’ then the mark value will be ‘PEN’, using this, is it possible to say in dynamo , only those marked ‘PEN’ display the custom annotation tag, and so on for the different companies…?

I am also looking into using this mark value to auto fill in our title-block, but this is for another day i think…

Any help as where to start is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Robert

Hello. If you are new to Dynamo, I would suggest taking a look at the Dynamo Primer, it will help you get started and introduce some of the basic nodes that you will need, like Get All Elements of Category and GetParameterValueByName.

Yes. This can be done easily with getting the parameter Mark from all elements of communication devices category, filter by string contains ‘PEN’ and then creating the annotation tag for the corresponding elements.

Give it a try and let us know how far you get or what problems you meet and we can help.