Creating area boundary lines by selecting all walls / rooms , which include door

Creating area boundary lines by selecting all walls / rooms , which include door

Can anybody help me how do i get started with it.

My idea was to select all rooms collect their area and add door area.

but how do i create a pline/ area boundary line automatically which can also update automatically .

1 Like

If a door is between two rooms, does each room get half of it’s area?

Nope it dosnt

Hello,

I was able to get a start idea by creating a group og elements . For ex Group of “walls, rooms , doors and windows” a typical group .

Now this group i am able to select elements selection , i am able to list walls and doors .

My target is to select rooms and there boundaries with respective doors placed on it and form a closed loop pline boundary. to generate area automatically.

i hope i am going the Wright way .

Maybe what you’re looking for is the room.boundaries node from the clockwork package. Works pretty great

Thank you that was helpful,

I am using the group method because i need specific rooms and area of the specific unit.

first thing is i need room boundaries and secondly door boundaries so that i intersect those lines and form a pline for carpet/rental area.

Hope you are clear. Thank you,

Hi Preetesh,

I guess your looking for this,

1 Like

Hello KULKUL,

I got the room boundries, Stuck with filtering door out of the list.

Am i going the right way…??

My idea is to create solids out of the curves and join them and get the boundary. which i could use to create area boundary.

This needs to be specific with groups , since i work on Units which are grouped.

Hi Preetesh,

I cannot understand what are you trying to create. How ever check out this post http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/automation-of-area-boundary-lines/ on how to create area boundary lines.

Hello KULKUL,

Kind of similar job than the link you sent.

What i am trying to achive is :

Image below is how rent-able area is calculated manually sketching area boundary lines all over the unit

images below show how boundary line is drawn which is including door jam area.

12 13

Hello,

Able to select related doors couldn’t get door curves. Basically wall create room and door solids and join them.

Any better option ,???

Like others, I’m still not sure what you’re after. By default, the room boundary ignores door openings. If you wanted to pull the area into the doorway some (as was asked above) that would be a different story.

I have a use where I would like to pull the boundary line into the doorway but not necessarily to the halfway mark but rather to the middle of the door leaf thickness. I like to model my finish floors as they will be built and, around here anyway, that means the finish transitions at the midpoint of the door leaf when the door is closed. This hides the transition, more or less, when viewed from either/both sides of the door.

I have a reference plane in my door family that I can snap too when I’m sketching the boundary lines but if I could do this automatically, so much the better. Is there a way to find a specific reference plane in a family? I’d prefer not to use a named Is Reference but to use a Weak Reference plane that’s named (if you know the difference).

Thoughts?

Here is what i have got so far -

Something like this?..

ba bb

Hello ORGANON,

Hope you got a better idea my the above images. That is what i am trying to achieve.

Your solution is also quite impressive, but then i need the boundary to be a closed loop

Thank you,

a1 a2 a3

1 Like

Hello ,

I have achieved what i had explained.

Kindly have a look at the images above.

I have got the poly curve which is required for me as area boundary. How do i sketch area boundary using the poly curve on my area plan.

Thank you,

Hello Preetesh,

They discussed how to create area boundaries from curves there : http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/creating-area-boundaries-in-revit-from-dynamo/

Hope that helps!

Hello Thierry,

Thank you, that was help full .