Creating a surface by area

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there is any node that helps to create a surface by area in dynamo. I’m planning to make a script that helps to see all the alternatives for a surface based on the area that we have, after that I will add volume and in this way I would like to study all the design alternatives based on area and volume in a project. I know what I want to achieve, but I don’t know how to start it the script.
Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

What do you mean by area ? :slight_smile: What does the input look like ?

Maybe there is something usefull for you in this

1 Like

I’m trying to make something like this:

But I don’t want to be describe only as rectangle, is there any way that script shows every possible shape with the given area? Geometry.dyn (17.8 KB)

1 Like

“every possible shape” is impossible i think :slight_smile: there could be millions

You are trying to describe a infinite-diemension space (the set of shapes) given only a single value (one-dimensional). It is as impossible as knowing the temperature at each minute of the day given only the average temperature over the day…

@mellouze and @m.rijsmus thanks for reply. I will work more on my concept and see if I can find more parameters to help me to start this script.