Creating a section profile using dynamo geometry

Hey, I am Fairly new to Revit + dynamo and I am looking at generating a section profile(curves/lines) using the walls roof and other elements that I have secured from the sample project family. I believe we need to us the mesh intersect but i am facing difficulties generating polylines at the intersection of the section plane and the elements geometry. The lines and curves I retrieve are further being used in a bounding box for additional analysis.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

The above had left me with a plane which looks like an intersection of the 2 geometries. I further tried to generate the line at the intersections but The mesh tool creates triangulations an not the required walls section profile.

@tkmahesh1 ,

you can filter it out by groupByKey. Your Key is ObjectType

KR
Andreas

Hey @Draxl_Andreas
Thanks for the reply, I tried the process you suggested, however the Triangulations continue to appear. Is there anyway I can eradicate those extra lines?

@Draxl_Andreas
I did a little Digging and was able to construct an easier node graph to generate the require section profile without additional lines within it. I am not really sure how It was any different from the previous but I think SolidByUnion had something to do with it. :smiley:

Anyway Thankyou Again for your help

Regards,
TK

1 Like