Sections from a curved model line

Hello All,

I am currently trying to create bunch of sections from a curve. I found this article http://thebimertoolbox.blogspot.com/2016/07/curve-section-in-revit.html. I have recreated the workspace but I am getting errors because everything is old and not talking to each other.

Could someone offer me a solution on how to get this to work?

Thank you in advance.

CurveSection.dyn (16.0 KB)

It is just sample.

3 Likes

Sorry but you are very vague in what you want to achieve with your script.
Could you maybe explain in depth what you are trying to do and what your preferred input and output is?

• Daan

Hi @Daan,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking to create a section for a curved ramp.
I was hoping to do this by using Dynamo to create sections along a curve model line.
In my google searching I found the post I referenced in my previous post however, I can’t seem to get that to work.

@Yong-sung.choi that’s exactly what I was after.

Many thanks!

1 Like

@Yong-sung.choi,

I am quite new at Dynamo, but i am trying to do tool which could generate a similar unrolled section, using “fake” way.

I know how to generate “n” section in a good way, but have no idea how to snap them nearby (into a sheet) to create complex unrolled section. The section views generates in the random way and it is useless at this moment.

Of course i can do it manually, but it is too much work…

It is a way to do it wihout using a Py scripts?

Okay, problem solved without using Py.
I just used a node “Viewport.BySheetViewLocation” and made a loop to properly arange the cross sections next to each other.
All viewports have a bounding boxes with individual centre point - solution is to give it the appropiate coordinates.

Hi I am trying to do the exact thing now but not sure how. Would you mind giving more details how you did it?