Create view filter based on different categories and type parameter

Hi,

Im trying to create viewfilters with dynamo with the goal to select multipule applicable categories to create viewfilters based on the built in type parameter “Assembly Code”.

i managed to get all the applicable categories but im stuck at the first step of creating a viewfilter which is defining the rule. Could some one help?

Are you sure all your categories are valid? This is a generic error that usually means something is an invalid input object (like a null or empty).

Does it work if you just try one category?

@Nick_Boyts , @SeanP , I checked with just one category which i know it has the assembly code type parameter, I tested againg with the regular categories node and the instance “Comments” parameter (see copy underneath) and it also gives me the same error. I have no idea what im doing wrong…

Hi @olivar.wasely does it work with ootb nodes ?

1 Like

Hi @sovitek , It worked so far, nice, thanks!! I also made some modifications: instead of getting the categories with excel i modelled them in revit, and used select model elements instead:

The only problem i now have is that the dynamo graph multiplies the rule by the amount of categories. I only need one rule and all selected categories…

Hi @olivar.wasely try play around with your list levels…

1 Like

Hi @sovitek , Thanks! I tried to play around with the levels but many solutions including your print screen did not work. however the solution lies within how the lists are structured as you mentioned. Using the list chop node solved this. Also I modified my graph to make multiple viewfilters.

1 Like