Create Tin Surface and default Style?

I noticed when creating a Tin Surface the default Surface Style is not picked up from the active document. Any idea why this happens?

Maybe in the coming Civil3DToolkit that @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 has promised, there might also nodes to get/set Styles?

The Surface wasn’t created with the default style but another:

Hi @John.DeLeeuw ,

Good observation. I got the same issue as you. Probably we need a node that can change a surface style.

Cheers,
Jowenn

1 Like

Yeap

3 Likes

Nice!

But still, why doesn’t it pick up the default Style? It doesn’t make sense to change Styles for every Civil 3D object created :fearful:

In this implementation of the TinSurface it is used an API call that does not require to specify the style and assigns the first style from the list which is not necessarily the default style.

Hmnnn…the first style from what list then @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1? Below my list of available Surface Styles. The first style in my list is actually a non-visible style. That would also create a dilemma for me.

@John.DeLeeuw That is sorted alphabetically for user convenience, internally they are stored in order of creation, sorry I should have mentioned that

@John.DeLeeuw I made a small change to the Civil 3D Toolkit, if you don’t provide any name it will assign the default style :slight_smile: for the time being is a good option

3 Likes

Great Paolo :+1:

What package is being used in the screenshots above? I’m looking to change surface styles within C3D but haven’t found any nodes yet.

Not super relevant to the original question. But I can’t find TinSurface.ByCogoPointGroup in my library, and as well as Circle.ByGeometry and Solid.ByGeometry which are in the embedded samples. The dynamo version I’m using is up to date - “Dynamo Core 2.1.1.7865”, “Dynamo Civil 3D 2.1.1.896”. Is that I need to install some other packages? Thank you!

@rita the latest version is running on 2.4.1, check again your Dynamo for Civil 3D Beta 2

Dynamo noob here… but is this the only way to create a Civil 3D surface with dynamo, using cogo points? Was curious to see if there was some other method of creating a surface… like an empty surface that maybe the style was assigned by default, but noticed that this is the only create surface method available?

Yes, but you should be able to create a new surface via the API with a few lines of Python.