Create NWC from multiple Revit projects

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to create NWC files from multiple Revit projects.
I have dynamo script to read the files on the background and export NWC. However it doesn’t work.
Could you please have a look and let me know what the issue is? or if you have any other option.

Thanks much!

Hi @Eli,

When you open several documents, set the lacing to longest on the Export NWC in Document node .
You must choose an export coordinate system for the ChooseCoordinates input.
You’re trying to export documents opened in the background and the 3D views of the active document without providing the active document in the document input.

Example :

4 Likes

Hello Alban, is it possible to save as NWD?

Hi Deniz,

It’s not possible.
In the Revit UI :

In the API it’s written : “Exports a Revit project to the Navisworks .nwc format.”

1 Like

Thank you very much Alban! I need to save in Navisworks everything as NWD and as I know we can’t use scripts in Navisworks.

You can look in the Naviswork API or maybe use Batch Utility.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Alban, I will take a look :slight_smile:

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner,

Thanks for replying me back.
I did exactly what you did. However, it doesn’t work and I get the same result.
Could you please check if I did something wrong?

Thank you so much.

Connect a codeblock with -1 inside to the amount input of the List.Flatten node.

Thank you Alban for quick response. it’s better now :slight_smile:
I was keep tying to see if it works or not. it creates nwc files but not for all 3D views. it creates nwc from only one of the 3D views in each file. I keep getting the below error.
Also, is there any way to read a directory from BIM360 as my projects are in BIM360? I did tried, it doesn’t find the directory.
And just wondering how you show the packages name on your nodes, it’s so cool :smiley: .

in my dynamo nodes shows how many list I should have, but when I click on the list shows null.

Sorry for asking too many questions, I’m new with dynamo.

Thanks much!

It is a side effect of the CloseDocument node. The views elements are no longer usable once the graph is finished.

Close and reopen your graph between each run if you close your Revit documents at the end of the graph.

Be sure to use the longest lacing.

After checking the Flatten node is useless.

I think you can use the Autodesk Desktop Connector, which allows you to use a direct filepath.

I use the Data-Shapes view extension to prefix the custom nodes.

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner,

Thank you so much for replying to all my questions :slight_smile: .
Just let you know, unfortunately Autodesk Desktop Connector doesn’t work as well, I tried that one.

Thanks again.

@Eli - were you able to get this working with bim360 hosted projects? I’m trying to accomplish this. Your script is awesome for working in locally hosted projects.

Thanks, but unfortunately I couldn’t figure out how to change the script to work on projects on BIM360.