Create MEPFitting By Points and Curve

I value the effort that goes into creating nodes, I’m sure we all do, without them Dynamo is non existent.

However there are different levels of frustration that are common, and usually related to the different user skill levels. A lot comes from trying to understand what input does a node require, and this is not helped when there is a lack of information of what is required, some nodes are detailed with requirements, some are not.

I would like to discuss a previous topic that has been discussed before on creating MEPFittings, for example ; Help with MEPover MEPFitting By Points and Curve with a solution posted by @T_Pover

I’m not disparaging of T_Pover in any way, any work created to solve a problem is fantastic, however I’d like to discuss what I found using Dynamo 2.0.2.6833 and Revit 2019

The downloaded example Mechanical fitting creation by wall intersection.dyn didn’t work 100% for me. I made two small alterations to the graph, one on the wall selection, and the other on filtering of Round or Rectangular ducts. I added in walls to the sample Revit file that @avanmater uploaded.

The results that I get, is that only one duct fitting is placed. I tried creating different list of points, tried changing the lacing, none of which worked to create at least 2 fittings until I duplicated the MEPFitting by Point node, and reversed the point list. (see MEPFittings at wall intersection.dyn) But I’m guessing this is not a solution for more the two walls. Perhaps I missed something, and perhaps to make it easier, as there are so many curves types, PolyCurve, Curve, ModelCurve, NurbsCurve, I don’t think we need a MEPCurve when it is actually a (MEP)Element or Element = Duct, Pipe etc.

T_Pover solution

Result

Updated Solution

Result

Supporting files
Mechanical fitting creation by wall intersection (1).dyn (49.4 KB)
MEP FITTINGS AT wall intersection.dyn (65.3 KB)
DamperPlacementTest.rvt (528 KB)