Create Family from Import Symbol and Random height extrusion

revit
importinstance
geometry
nodemodel

Hi Everyone

I’m trying to create some extrusions from a cad file to create a rough context, I managed to create the extrusion in Revit, but how can I import them in Revit, as Generic models/Mass? I tried with ImportIstances.by Geometry but creates only Imported symbols… I tried to link it with “ExporttoSat” and then back with “Import from SAt” but seems like it doesn’t affect anything…

I tried even with DirectShape.byGeometry but still no results. What am I doing wrong?

To get the heights of every block I’m sorting out which is best way to do it…

I placed some text tags on the plan view… How can I obtain the correspondance between the value and the boundary which is placed in? Any hints on that? Is there a command to associate an element with Polycurve boundaries?

Thanks for all your support!

What’s the error on the direct shape node?

I usually use a familyinstance.bygeometry in the springs package for this.

To get the heights, you could try using a polygon containment test for the location of the text elements themselves, assuming they are all inside the building perimeter as you indicated.

This was the error with the Direct shape node. I tried also with Familyinstance.bygeometry, but gives me only Import Symbols… I’d like to import them in my project as a family…

I tried the Export/Import from SAT definitions, but nothing happened.

Here is my last attempt definition, if you want to take a look at it.

definition_massing_from_extrusion.dyn (8.4 KB)

I’ll try the containment test, hope I’ll do it right

I achieved to create the blocks (was something wrong with the actual mass family I was using, apparently Dynamo likes only Family template from 2013 version)…

Now I still have problem with different heights… Why does the curve.extrude to solid node not work?
Apparently I can not put into this definition an array of elements. How can I override this problem?

“Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of ExtrudeAsSolid that takes arguments of type (__array,Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry.Vector,__array)”