Create curves radius and spirals using excel

Create curves radius and spirals using excel ?

1 Like

what have you tried so far?

1 Like

I have the lists of the PI and the excel what I would lack is how to link that and be able to create the curves

Hi @Christhian,

Look under the Civil3DToolkit → Civil3D → AlignmentExtensions shelf. There are nodes in there for creating alignment constraints and entities.

Here’s an example.

AlignmentExample.dwg (932.3 KB)
AlignmentExample.dyn (81.9 KB)
AlignmentExample.xlsx (8.8 KB)

2 Likes

Great, this is what I was wanting, but it gives me an error in Data.importexcel, I am using the same files and civil 2022

What does the warning say? It could be this:

Otherwise try doing a CSV instead of XLSX.

1 Like

Great, thank @mzjensen

@mzjensen hello, if there were tangent spiral tangent what would be the structure of the script?

@danielrhcursos12
It’s been nearly 2 years since I worked on this last, so I’m not sure :grimacing:
All of the necessary nodes for alignment constraints are likely in the Civil 3D Toolkit, so give it a try and see what you can come up with. Then someone will likely be able to help with more specific questions if you have them.

The script works for what you are wanting
whether it is tangent spiral tangent or tangent curve tangent, if you were a little more specific in what you want to achieve, @mzjensen this script that you created has been very useful and I have seen many conferences in my country using it and setting it as an example.

That’s pretty cool! Glad to hear it.

@mzjensen thank you so much

@Christhian

I hope this is what you want to do, you should just modify the excel according to your need

@Christhian thanks