Create ceiling by dynamo

Hello

is there a node that creates ceilings??
I haven’t found any, there is nothing OOTB, there is one for Crumple, but it only works on Revit 2022 …

I need it to work in revit 2021

Ceiling API was added in 2022. The best you’d be able to do in 2021 is to define one ceiling manually, copy it, poke around at the copy until you get the sketch elements, adjust the sketch element location (note: you can’t add sketch elements or change from curve to line, etc), and set the sketch locations into the new position (hoping they form a valid curve loop, as it will fail if not).

To me the API changes in 2022 alone is worth forcing an upgrade as it would save 1000’s of hours by allowing automation where we didn’t have it before (at the cost of family by geometry changes for Dynamo users, but we can automate our way around those at least).

1 Like

Thank you for your reply

Do you mind guiding me as to where I can can find a change log to the revit API in 2022.

I would love to inspect it, maybe prepare some decent scripts that would help with productivity.

My personal favorite source for the impact of changes, as it provides a bit of color commentary: The Building Coder: What’s New in the Revit 2022 API (typepad.com)

For high level stuff you can look at the release notes, but you won’t find any specific uses (wrong spot for that): Help | Enhancements | Autodesk

And the offical product documentation is also useful. This is easy to get to on RevitAPI Docs: API Changes 2022 (revitapidocs.com). One of the best features of that site is that it illustrates changes in all versions for any given class/constructor/method/property/operator in the top ribbon.