Create Annotation Tag.....list issue

This might be an easy fix but I don’t know python…in the Create Annotation Tag by Grimshaw the node works fine for creating 1 tag per location per element but if I have a list of multiple points it will only move to the next point on the list if I have a corresponding element. For example, if I have 1 wall but want 2 tags on that wall I can only get to the second tag by adding a second wall. Any thoughts?

Danny,

Have you tried creating two Tags on the same wall using Revit UI? It’s possible, but Revit balks at it when you want to just click twice on the same wall. You are forced to place a tag on one wall, place another on next wall before you can apply the same tag to the first wall again.

I can see a similar issue with trying to place two wall tags on a single wall.

Now, of course you could have been talking about placing two different types of the wall tag on the same wall as to document two different things about that wall, and that is justifiable. Now, for that I can envision a scenario where you would have to do some list management gymnastics to get a list of walls and nested list of wall tag types like so:

[wall1, wall2, wall3]

[[tagtype1, tagtype2], [tagType1, tagtype2], [tagtype1]]

[[location1, location2], [location1, location2], [location1]]

and in this case you would create two tags at two distinct locations on a single wall. I am guessing that is the goal? I will have a look at it, but no time-frame promises can be made. Sorry.

Hi Konrad, I’m trying to get a wall tag to display the fire rating, then have that tag spaced along the wall. Essentially copy the macro that Paolo had already made here:

http://puntorevit.blogspot.com/2014/05/fire-rating-stripestags-macro-2014.html

I’m oh so close to getting it to work just the multiple tag issue is the hang up.

This sounds like a lot of work. Why not just make an annotation family that is line based, and then just drop it on top of walls based on their rating. Something like this:

Capture

I was thinking the exact same thing if it turned out to be too much of an issue. Thanks Konrad.

It’s also one family instance per wall instead of bunch of tags per wall. Less is more, or easier to manage.

I’m glad it worked :slight_smile:

I agree with Konrad, the simpler the better, when I look to my first attempt I think it’s rubbish!

Hi I am having issue to Tag wall for all views. Currently I can do it one by one for each level in one go…not sure:

1. how could connect all levels and views as list

or

1. should I find way to cycle though each level so Leve1 true, false, level2 true, false etc…

It would be much easier to use a fire rated wall hatch and eliminate Dynamo all together.

Use this as a template. It’s a script that will tag elements on multiple views. Just copy the views, create annotation tag, and Boolean nodes. They will stay connected. Do this for as many views as you wish.

@kiknchikn2060
thanks for idea this will work…
I have 18 Levels… I would prefer to combine views into one list and then connect but did not tested yet. This would make code much neater.

Every time I tried to feed a list of levels/views into the “Create Annotation Tag” node, I get an error. Give me a shout if you do get that to work.

Hi
Any idea why it does not work anymore?
I have View = Level 0 Selected and all other input seems to be correct?
Is there alternative node I could use?

I forgot connect null…
this is strange but will save for future reference…

That is strange. In my example, I didn’t connect null and it worked. Glad you got it to work. Sorry I didn’t reply back in time. I’ve been on a quest locating the original blueprints for the Biltmore Estate.

Anyone managed to get Tagging working on multiple views at one go?
When I manage to connect two views only two tags are created.
Not sure how to modify this code that all Walls on all selected view will be tagged.

Hello, I have been trying to place the label in the columns by placing an offset to its location, but it turns out that my columns have very variable dimensions in the “Y” coordinate, which means that in the large columns they are placed over them. I have the idea of getting the dimension of each column in “Y”, and at that value add the offset, but I do not know how to do it, any idea.