Create AbbruchLinie with Dynamo

I need to create a specific line type. It’s a detail line with ‘X’ marks on it, used to indicate elements to be demolished in architectural demolition plans in Revit. I’m new to Dynamo, and I don’t have much knowledge. I’m sharing the line type I need, along with my previous attempts. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

And here is the line type that i need to create

Revit doesn’t make line types with symbols unfortunately, only dashes and dots. It’s a real shame on the developers this one as it has been on wishlist for ages, and AutoCAD has been doing this before Revit even existed.

Best workaround is typically line based detail components (which I believe that second screenshot you sent is based on the reference planes and ref line in the middle). Dynamo can’t break this limitation naturally.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response. I was aware of the struggle but had hoped that maybe Dynamo could somehow fix this problem.

Hi @berat.seker i would say as Gavin with try a linebased detail family…but if can live with detailcurves on this curve something could work…

Revit_XcoVlpnWvT

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m attempting to replicate your previous suggestion, but I’m encountering an error with my code block node that I’m struggling to understand. Additionally, I couldn’t find the ‘Document.ActiveView’ node that you used. I have a ‘Document.ActvieView’ node, which has only a ‘document’ input and ‘view’ output. Could you please specify the correct node names and their corresponding packages, and possibly help me resolve the error with the code block node?

1 Like

Hi @berat.seker difficult to see your image try zoom in with expended nodes [cant see whats goin on in the codeblock]…active view i like to use is from spring…but you can just use ootb as you do, but you just miss currentdocument before you active view node…

So sorry, here it is

hi its becourse you have #0 in your array try lets say 5 up to you but not 0
PS remember current document node before active view node, and take a look at lacing as in my exemple