Create a solid extrusion from a polyline self-intersecting errors

Sorry for the late reply @mix I have been well and truly snowed under with project work.
I see that you have been having some problems with indexing, sorting points and planes (other recent forum posts)

I have had a look at your script and have some advice.

I hope I am correct in assuming your workflow is to create a solid lofted through “profiles” along a reference curve. To create a pipe insulation zone or no-go clearance corridor for services. (please correct me if I am wrong)
The initial error of larger “profiles” not working due to intersections leads me to my first piece of advice, the parameters you are using to create your reference curve may not allow for this to ever successfully be done with a uniform “profile” You may want to interrogate your minimum curve radius for the service runs you have created, or simplify the “corridor” curve to eliminate there choke points.

My second piece of advice is around script formatting. As you develop your workflows, for your own clarity and the clarity of others trying to assist, try to group processes into segments to clarify what different areas of your script are doing. The reference DYN you uploaded was a little tricky to follow…

Lastly, may I suggest an alternative workflow. Rather than lofting by more than one curve (as this works quite well for this workflow), perhaps you could just adjust the position of the “profiles” on their reference plane on curve, to achieve the differential offsets you require?

I have attached the DYN of this test script so you can have a look at what I am suggesting. (Try feeding the different input options (in blue group) into the input node opposite and see what you get)
(D1.3) Loft Rectange Along Conduit.dyn (46.1 KB)

Hope this was of some help. :smiley:

@Ewan_Opie thanks for your advice I will take it to heart. However, I am afraid I cant really follow your script. When I tried it, it broke at the very first node from clockwork so I couldnt try it. However, I can tell you a little more about what I am trying to do. I dont really need to know how to loft along a single conduit. My script does this pretty well. I can do it many ways infact. the problem is that I need to be able to create a single solid that encompases many parallel conduits (even in multiple tiers) together in that solid. This is where I need to loft between the conduits. When I wrote this post, I thought I had it figured out, if only I could get your Sortpointsalong perimeter node to work but it did not. I wanted to use it to gather all the points from the rectangles at the begining of each conduit run and create a single larger rectangle by running your script. However it did not work. My main problem now, is that, on complicated runs, when I loft between two or more conduits, it creates a nice solid, when I thicken it that I can export to revit and looks good. However, this only encompasses the interior conduits in their encasement, and leaves half of the outside conduits “un-encased” because the loft command only takes it from the centerpoint of the line. Thats when I tried lofting only the outside conduits and then merging those solids to the thickened solid, but dynamo choked on this and refused to create a single solid. It gave the error message “cannot reconcile faces” or “faces in conistent” or something like that. Which I dont understand, because in the Dynamo dictionary it merges a sphere with a Cube and its perfectly ok with that. Here I might have a slight mis-alignment along my runs here and there, but im like “who cares??” just merge the things into one thing, dynamo! but it refuses to do It and I cant export it. Also, your script seems to work only in the x - y plane conduits. My conduits are running up, down, around, angled, rolled fittings on an angle. Everything. I get really strange results when I try to offset the polycurves or even find their planes. Some are vertical, some are horizontal and some are really weird. So when I offset the polycurves I just get a scatter plot of random curves and I cant figure out how to tie them together. Anyways, sorry about the long winded reply but this is where I am at and its frustrating because I am so close! If you have any advise that you think can help please send it my way. Or if you get your node to work! Thanks again. image