Create a Profile View With No Labels

I have a Dynamo Script that is just about perfect. I want my final profile view to not include ANY profile labels. I am using the AlignmentExtensions.AddProfileBySurface and ProfileView.ByAlignmentPointName nodes available in the Civil3DToolkit. I have tried running the script with “” in the label set input, and I have tried running the script with no wire connecting to the label set input. Each of those will produce an error.

Is there a way to create a profile view where no labels (PVI or Slope) are shown on the profiles? If that is not possible, is there a way I can delete these labels automatically after the profile view is generated?

Thanks for all the help!

Hi @austin_perigee,

How about creating a label set style with nothing in it and using that as the input? Maybe called “No Labels” or something.

2 Likes

Hi
Choose another type style for profile
It has less labels

That is a possible solution, I would just prefer to not have to create a new style for each drawing where I use this script. Ideally, I was hoping to utilize existing styles available in Vanilla CAD or the template my company uses, but maybe I can just create a “No Display” style. Thanks

What about importing this style through the script?

Would it be best to keep the label style in a separate drawing and then import using Dynamo? Could you help me find which nodes would be best to do that?

Hi @austin_perigee ,

How are Label Styles normally saved? I have no experience with those whatsover.

For comparison (maybe): I save needed AutoCAD Blocks as .dwt-files in central locations and import those per drawing to be able to place BlockReferences.