Create a dropdown list, in Dynamo Player

Hey.
I want to make a drop-down list, where i can select a text.
Like in the picture, can i make a drop-down list, where i can choose between “test 1”, “test 2” and so on.

Nichlas

Try the Data-Shapes package

2 Likes

Thanks it worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

how did you prepare the drop list for given text?

@mrathnakar You mean something like this?

Dropdown%20test

yeah this is what i am looking for !
But i want the same thing to happen in dynamo player, not in data shapes.

how do you get the data shapes window on the right ?
did you install any add in for data shapes.

Thank you in

1 Like

The Data Shape pop-up will work with dynamo player.

1 Like

Is there a way to do this with out using Packages, I have a strict IT system in place at work that wont allow us to just download packages also i want to send this out across our company so not everyone would have the packages loaded - any help will be a big help thanks.

1 Like

Try Orkestra to solve package dependencies on your scripts.

Hi, @Amin.Shahkaram
What do you mean by “try Orkestra”? Could you please explain how to remove the dependencies?

1 Like

Not sure how this thread keeps getting dug up…

Paul’s link is the solution they’re talking about. Dependencies mean any custom package a graph needs in order to run successfully. Whilst Orkestra doesn’t give you every package for Dynamo naturally, it has the ability to load/manage your packages behind the scenes via package manager before you run scripts to ensure that when the script is finally allowed to run, the packages are present.

Note that this feature is part of the paid version of the solution, as this is a feature which is intended to allow Dynamo to be used at scale whilst supporting custom packages. Most firms typically opt into batch deployment of packages otherwise, or take the hardline of ‘no custom packages allowed’, and will use blocks of Python code instead (my approach these days, unless the package is crucial or difficult to emulate in Python).

1 Like

If you do not want to rely on 3rd party nodes, this could be a solution for you.

2 Likes