Copying Objects From Linked File

Glad to hear it! :smile:

I tried to use Rhythm node to copy drafting views between projects.

It seems to copy the views but not the contents.

I assume it can only copy model elements. Does anyone know if something similar to copy annotation exists?

1 Like

Hi, what package is the “wall.wall type” node from ? i’m trying to almost replicate this exact workflow.

Its almost a year back can’t collect now use OOTB node instead it does the same job :wink:

1 Like

I am trying to run a similar script to take external walls from a linked file. I have replicated the script above and it has only brought in 2d (Blue) wall lines into my Revit file. How can I get the actual 3d Wall Element into the file ?

Hey,

If you look at the example graph you are missing the copy element from link node…

The blue lines are just a dynamo representation of the location lines…

Also the example graph filters walls to just get the curtain walls, you have got the walls and you are filtering to get walls? Luckily the errors are cancelling out and passing the walls through, but if you do want to filter you will likely want the wall type node rather than the element type node you have in there… then you can plug the Boolean filter In to the Copy Elements node and you will be good to go :slight_smile:

Hope that helps,

Mark

Hi, Thank you Mark :), I’ve managed to get the 3D objects in now. How would I filter to only import where wall function is = “exterior”. See script attached. Shell Import.dyn (36.8 KB)

Hey, like this maybe?

Shell Import-MKA.dyn (7.7 KB)

Hope that helps,

Mark

Can you share? Thanks

Mark, thank you for your help on this btw.

1 Like

This worked great! Although I found a slight difference in the location of the element that is copied from link. I used the node “Documents.CopyElementsFromLinkedDocument” and it placed the element in the exact location!

Hey guys! I’m having trouble copying furniture systemas and lighting fixtures using the “ Documents.CopyElementsFromLinkedDocument ” node. Any thoughts?

Hello,
Could you help me please. Where can I find this node? which package?

Copy From linked Model.dyn (8.2 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Vijay :slight_smile: