Copying Ductwork, Equipment from linked model and maintaining a connected system and system type

Hi, I have been trying to recreate a revit model that we received from a different company using our families. Currently the manual process is re-drawing ductwork, flex, air terminals etc by tracing over the linked revit model. I have been trying to find a way to automate the process but have not found anything. If anyone can point me in the right direction of a package or similar script. Currently I’m copying the model elements but this disconnects the system and loses information.

Why not just bind the link? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well ideally my end goal was to have it redrawn with all our duct, duct fitting families and system types rather than manually change them. In my head I thought there might be a way to extract the duct connector information from the link model and redraw it using my families and systems.

@Allan.M What if you just bind the links first, and if their sets of duct types and family types are similar to yours, focusing on a script that maps your set of types to the element instances from the links?

I like that idea never thought of that approach. However when binding you still lose alot of the system types which still requires alot of manual work.

Are you sure about that?

Yes, as I bound it already to start on what @jshial suggested and alot of systems are now undefined.

Then you just need to make a script that copies the System Types from the linked file to your project before you bind :slight_smile: