Copying Custom Parameter Values from Rooms to Spaces

Hi all,
Its been a while since I have created a graph and need some help.
Basically, I have need to copy some data from rooms to the corresponding spaces. The reason for this is that the client has a specific list of Room names which differ from the names used to document (security reasons).

1. The Arch file has the data in the rooms and then linked into the services models.
  2. Spaces are created and then named to match the Arch model.
  3. I would then like to copy custom room data to the corresponding spaces.

This is how far I have gotten and I cant seem to finish it off and get it to work. I understand that the Spaces Category should connect to the Element Set Parameter By name, (i have removed wile testing)
I have seen similar threads and trued to use a SortByFunction node, but not of the other solutions work for me.
Space SchedulePNG

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello @Harpy ,
Can you please try this way,
As per my understanding, first you need to map space & Room as per “Name” and then copy the Client RM data from room to space.

123.dyn (30.8 KB)

Hi @honeyjain619
Thanks for the reply. I don’t have the List.GetItemIndicies node. Cab you tell me which package that comes from.
FWIW i am using Revit 2020 and Dynamo 2.3.0.7661

Thanks

Hello @Harpy ,
its form Rhythm package

1 Like

That’s odd. I have Rhythm 2020.2.13 installed but that node does not exist. Its probably been updated / replaced. I will have to dig a bit.

Thanks

I cant seem to find a solution to this. Can anyone advise what the updated node for Dynamo 2020 might be?

Hello @Harpy ,
List.GetItemIndices can be replaced with this python node.

import clr
clr.AddReference(‘ProtoGeometry’)
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *

d0 = IN[0]
d1 = IN[1]
c =
for i in d0:
c.append(d1.index(i))

OUT = c