Copy nested familys from linked file into current project

Ok, can someone tell me where I am going wrong!! I have tried lots of node combinations and can not get the script to work, I am guessing I need to match each Family to it location and then copy. I can not figure it out, I know it will not work at the moment as it is looking for a Family and I am feeding it a string.

The warning I am getting is below:

Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of ByPoint that takes arguments of type (__array,__array)

Looks like there are a couple issues with this definition. First, like you said, you need to get the FamilyType, not the Name (string). I would recommend just using the Clockwork node Element.Type, but you could also convert the string using FamilyType.ByName.

The second issue you mention (input types not matching) happens because FamilyInstance.ByPoint does not like to take sublists, which is happening in your list of points. You can still use FamilyInstance.ByPoint via List.Combine.

You will also need to match your lists in length before you combine them (note the Combine by Map group). I have done this several times and it typically looks like this:

There might be a more efficient way to do this, but I have found this works well for my purposes.

Hay,

thank you for sharing, I am still struggling to understand what is needed, please see below! I have made a version of this what copy’s one family to every point, so we made a pipe connection joint family and the script placed that at every junction. This does the job but not what I intended, I would still like it to copy the nested family’s into my project file at the related position.

Copy