Convert from Camber Structure to Civil 3D Toolkit Structure

is that a way to convert camber object back to dynamo object?

Can you give an example?

there is no rotate structure in camber, but I see this in autodesk toolkit

Is it an option for you to instead use Toolkit Structures instead of converting to Camber Structures?

Yes I tried it, but this node from toolkit takes forever to run:

I cannot get my structure, so I use camber, but it doesnt have what I need, so I am thinking to mix them up to use

The short answer is no, you can’t “convert” from a Camber Structure to a Toolkit Structure. If you need to use Toolkit nodes, my recommendation is to avoid mixing. One example:

I use API to do the work finally
thanks!

1 Like

Hey @mzjensen , is there any node in Camber which extract the pipe start and end invert?
Because I have same issue like this one. I wanted to take the pipe invert from the pipe that I have selected from Camber package node.

1 Like

Hi @niranjan.jawale27,

Unfortunately no, that functionality isn’t in Camber at the moment :confused:

I think your best bet is to use the Civil 3D Toolkit instead, or write a Python script to unwrap the Civil 3D Entity and get the inverts that way.

1 Like

Thank you @mzjensen for the response,

I am doing it in a same way now, going with Civil3D Toolkit.
I am also at the moment discovering more about python and Civil3D API to crack this method. It seems tough for me initially, but I will get through this very soon.

Is there any suggestion on Python scripting?

Regards

There some good examples from others on this forum, and I’d also consider looking at the Dynamo Primer! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think this section will help you out :rocket:

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! :innocent: