Founded in 2017, Factory_OS (F_OS) is a fast-growing construction technology company producing modular multifamily housing off-site. The F_OS 256,000 square foot state-of-the-art fabrication facility, located on Mare Island in Vallejo, CA, can build 2,000 modules annually in a 34-station lean manufacturing/construction assembly process. F_OS is rapidly scaling operations and production capacity to meet the demands of its robust pipeline of projects. We are expanding our team to support this growth stage.
F_OS is an Autodesk partner and approaches design with a complete BIM systems approach, utilizing Revit, BIM360, Dynamo, and other manufacturing software packages.
The Computational Designer will interface directly the F_OS Design and Engineering team and will develop and maintain custom nodes or scripts to automate F_OS standard design processes. The Computational Designer will coordinate with external design partners to define standards and formatting recommended best practices to help refine the modular construction industry. Experience with Revit and computational design packages required. Experience with volumetric modular design and construction is recommended.
- Experience with BIM software and proficient with Autodesk Revit and Dynamo
- Experience working with engineering and design teams in an integrated/collaborative design environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel
Other Desirable Skills
- Familiarity with off-site construction and modular design
- Experience with StrucSoft’s MWF for wood frame construction
- Ability to identify & drive solutions in complex decision-making situations
- Ability to work in a startup environment with broad responsibilities, ambiguity, and early-stage processes and procedures
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Highly responsive and client-focused
To apply for this position, please submit on your information and resume at FactoryOS.com.