Commands in DesignScript

Hi,

When i start typing in a codeblock (Designscript) there are all kinds of suggestions in a dropdown list like so:

Question:
Is there a list of all available commands and arguments for Designscript in PDF somewhere??

Marcel

Not that I am aware of, but you could browse the DynamoCore.dll and ProtoGeometry.dll in Visual Studio to see the entire library and methods in the intellisense drop-down:

4 Likes

@Thomas_Mahon

Question:
In PythonScripts i see here on forum, I can see that libraies are loaded just like the one you mentioned here, “ProtoGeometry” for instance. Then you can call the methods that are in de .dll. Am i right?
Does that mean that i do not have access to those methods in designscript unless i load a .dll?
If yes is the answer, how do i load a .dll using designscript so i can call the methods?

Marcel

You can load a .dll like this :

then the static methods in the library will be accessible in design script / nodes .

5 Likes

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

Ok thank you.

Are any of these .dll’s from de dynamo core folder imported on startup?

Marcel

Yes. dlls of installed packages containing zero touch nodes as well

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

Sorry for the n00b questions, (im learning new things fast thanks to you guys) but i hope this will be a source of information later on for everybody who stumbles on this.
So,
Is there a command that shows what .dll’s are loaded?

Marcel

Not to my knoweledge… But I think there are people who’ll answer this question far better than me @Zach_Kron @Michael_Kirschner

1 Like