Combining Strings from 3 different lists

Hi,
I know this might sound pretty basic but I have been struggling with Dynamo list management for a while and I am now in need of a solution.I need to combine different data in a string in order to create a combined code, same as the image below

My problem is that the three inputs of the string.Join component should come from 3 lists, each of them composed of 105 elements. This means my final output should have 105 codes in the form shown in the picture above. This is what i get so far

Hope I have been clear, I am sure the solution is quite basic

I normally use a code block with “+” in it. You could probably also use String.Concat instead.

1 Like

this works great, thank you so much @Daan

This might be a bit more extendable (say you had 1000 sublists to join).

2 Likes

Are those thumbtacks new?

Pin wire feature introduced in Dynamo 2.13. Check this blog post for more info.

So not ‘new’ as they are 15 months old, but a feature perhaps missed as you’ve been using primarily using Dynamo for Revit , and as a result you have only had them for however long you’ve had 2023 deployed.

1 Like

Oh wow, been using sandbox 2.13 and up for a while now but never used this, my main workflow to do this is simply using a code block with only a variable

That’s still useful and likely best practice as long as you need to support Dynamo versions proceeding 2.13.