Combine multiple instance parameters values to single parameter value

Hey all
I am pulling my hair out trying to resolve this issue. I am trying to combine a set of values from several instances into the value of a parameter. The idea is to grab all Number values that are associated with a specific name, in this case a bedroom type. The result I want is to show all the numbers that are associated with a bedroom type and place those numbers in another parameter as a combined string.

I have tried everythjing I can think of with get/set parameters, combining lists, etc. etc. My progress is not worth posting since i was getting nowhere. I am wondering if there is a quick solution. If not, I will try get further with my script and post it when I think I have gotten somewhere.

Then it allows me to uncheck itemize every instance.

Post what you have anyway, it’s still worth looking at. Specifically, knowing what isn’t working (is it a lacing issue? a list level issue? a storage type compatibility issue? etc…) is going to save random people on the internet time to help you out rather than developing a fresh script.

Generally speaking, I’d be looking to group all of the elements by type (Get Element Type + GroupByKey), converting the retrieved Number parameter to strings, joining them together, and then pushing that back out to the elements.

Like I said, its not great and I know what I need, but unsure of how to do it. I have the values from Name and Number, then converted to strings, and joined. Then I tried using those values to set into Comments. But I think I am way off.

Hi @K104 maybe something…

on a side note. you dont need to convert numbers and name in rooms to string they already are strings.

Using Pacakge SEGOKS to filter categories by name.
you can use your original setup i was just to lazy to change my original setup

1 Like

yeah @stefan.gokstorp true, but dont think thats so much the issue here…think more its how it can be sorted…

1 Like

@sovitek a forgot list sort.

also added x==“VVS”||y==“EL”; in a code block basicly exchnage VVS and El wth Bed 1 and Bed 2 (using an exsisting file diffrent names on my rooms)

Thanks all for your time, but a colleague of mine eventually got something to work and he also posted to the forums for assistance.

1 Like