Combine Data With Varying Lengths

I am trying to combine coordinate data with specific load cases but the coordinate data varies in length for each load case. There is a total of 5 load cases that represent a surface load with multiple points that define the the location of each corner of the surface load. I am trying to combine all of my coordinates with each load case similar to what is shown in the Excel screen shot that I have provided below.

Thank you!

your points should probably be partitioned so points of a load case are on a sub list. That way you can use the access level of node input.

Thank you for your reply. Do you mind showing me how to do that?

I’ll leave formatting to you but this is the structure you need.

The coordinates are currently formatted into individual list but I am not sure how to join those list with the associated load case similar to what is shown in the Excel file. I have attached my Dynamo script and a representation of what I would like the Excel output to look like. Again thank you for your help.

Area_Load_to_Excel.dyn (22.1 KB)
Area_Load_to_Excel.xlsx (9.0 KB)

Hey, it’s a bit difficult for me, because I don’t have loads to use, if you uploaded a Rvt it would be helpful.

Here’s a dyn which outputs to excel, the data is intermittent… hopefully this is useful!

Mark

Rooms_to_Excel.dyn (14.4 KB)
Test.xlsx (19.4 KB)

Thanks for your reply. The Revit 2018 example file is too large to upload so I shared a link below to Google drive. The surface loads are on the roof level. Please let me know if you are having trouble viewing the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w1x9sfUGywSVHNCIveSQcd9exMMdmmwq/view?usp=sharing

Try this, it’s not beautiful but you’ll see what you need to do…

Area_Load_to_Excel-MKA.dyn (38.8 KB)

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like