Coloring rooms after performing matching operation on lists

Hi everyone,

With the reference to the previous post ( Comparing two lists and finding the common entries), I still not able to color the rooms after performing a check on two lists. Does anyone have any idea on this? I am first comparing the lists, based on the matching entries and I am trying to color the rooms.

1.dyn (20.1 KB)

Try this… I’ve corrected your Python script as there was quite a lot of things in there that was not right…

1(Corrected Python Script).dyn (20.0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Jonathan :slight_smile:
But i am not getting anything by element.set parameter by name node. How can i visualize it ?

Try and upload your .dyn and a stripped down .ret model and I’ll have a look, I do not think you’re actually passing room elements or controlling color using a simple parameter value :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please find attachments.

Level 2.rvt (3.9 MB)
1.dyn (20.1 KB)

Sorry, I’m on Revit 2018.2 so I unfortunately cannot open your model :frowning:

1 Like

I am using Revit sample project with the name of “rac_basic_sample_project.rvt”. I think sample templates are the same in recent versions. Using this, I am taking floor level 2 in the active view.

File > Open > Sample files > rac_basic_sample_project

1 Like

Excel file that i am using is this one. Roomdata.xlsx (7.5 KB)

I think you have to have a look at what you’re actually trying to change :wink:

You want the color of the “rooms” to change… but you’re attempting to do this on the Room elements… but the information about the room color is not on there (you need to be able to do it in Revit to do it in Dynamo)…

The room color is controlled in the Color scheme…

Which is a part of the graphics on the Floor Plan…

It is here you really want to go…

Have a look at:

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed reply. I am trying to understand :slight_smile: :slight_smile: