Color set to true value of element (Rebar)

Hi ,
i have been trying to set the color to the " true" value of element in dynamo but i still face the difficulty … Can someone please advise my issue that i have 12 types of rebar and want to set the colour with 12 numbers of colour.

And i already have the 12 numbers of colour.

Hi,

It’s difficult without any of your files?

It sounds like you could make a dictionary where 1 = Red, 2 = Yellow etc.

Then you can get parameter value by name from your rebar and use it for Get Dictionary Value… Like here?

Then you Set Parameter Value By Name for the colour?

Hope that helps…

Mark

1 Like

I usually try to do this dynamically with a range of colors but that can be an issue with a larger set of values. (You quickly run into similar colors that are too hard to differentiate.) Manually creating a dictionary of colors will help you avoid this. BattleBIM also has a random color function for a list of objects.

2 Likes

Thanks you @Mark.Ackerley
this issued has been settled after i tried so many ways and finally I just use to run the ramdom number color setting up the rebar based on the number of rebar type.

Anyway, the way of dictionary making also interesting and i will look into it to explore more…

Thansk you @Nick_Boyts

Good Point and advise… recently i use the random color setting as i am not too aware yet the making dictionary…however, The issued has been settled recently with random color setting . and try to improve later on by using “making dictionary method”.