Collect all door areas (height * width) per room and get totals in one list

Hi guys,
Any idea how to do this? I have used ToRoom/FromRoom, wich give me two outputs. I dont care how the doors is flipped (from/to), I just need to know the total door area from that specific room in one list.

The project you see is a mockup, if you should find it weird ; )

Thanks!

It might be smarter to build a parameter in the family that reports this parameter that you call call on in your dyanmo script and subtract that from the total room area.

The mathmatical area for the area of a quadrant is pi * r^2 and then divide by 4.

i say this assuming the “Door Area” you are looking for is the amount the door encroaches on the room it is present in.

1 Like

Its not an option to create new parameters, I need to use existing parameters. But the information is there, I just need to combine it somehow.

… and I dont need to subtract from room area, I need the total door areal (width * height) for alle doors in that specific room.

Hope it makes sense : )

Hej Anders :wink: not sure here is an alternativ way, could probably work…not sure :wink:

1 Like

I’d use ToRoom FromRoom and then a List.GroupByKey node. Then get the area of the doors in each group and sum the total.

1 Like

if I were to do it i’d approach it differently, instead of selecting the door then finding the room on that door, I will do it the other way, I will select the room and find the doors that intersect on that room by using BoundingBoxIntersectsFilter. See snippet below:

1 Like

Guys! found a solution. Better to start with rooms as some of you recommend. I found Room.Doors from ClockWork. That solved the problem.

Thanks for good inputs everyone!

2 Likes