Cogo Points on Polycurves

I have figured out how to add a COGO POINT at the beginning and end of a polycurve, but I can’t figure out how to place a COGO POINT at the MIDPOINT and RADIUS POINT (center point of curve) ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I only need these points on curves with a radius greater than 4.5’. Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

1 Like

Use Curve.PointAtParameter with a parameter of 0.5 to get the midpoint.

If the source of the polycurve is a polyline, then look into using Geometry.Explode to get down to the lines and arcs.

1 Like

I will give that a try, thanks!

image001.jpg

How do I set the parameter value?

Thanks for your time, Happy New Year!

image001.jpg

The node should have a “parameter” input that will accept a number (sorry I’m not at my PC right now, not exactly sure what the name of the input port is).

@SteelfanMike here is an example.

StakingPoints.dyn (45.8 KB)
StakingPoints.dwg (458.2 KB)

3 Likes

That makes more sense once I see what you did! I didn’t realize I needed to input into the parameter with a Code Block?

I was trying to manually input a value and that’s why it wasn’t working for me!

I am just dipping my toes into the Dynamo world so I have a lot to learn yet. J

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

image001.jpg

It doesn’t need to be a code block. It could be a Number or Number Slider node too, for example. I tend to opt for code blocks because I am lazy! You just double-click anywhere to make a code block, so I find that it’s a bit faster.

Hello, good evening! How are you?
I’m trying to create vertices at the “PIs” of the feature line. I’m not succeeding…
I have numerous feature lines in the file. I managed to create a routine to generate elevation points on the feature line every 40m. Now, I need to create CogoPoints at these vertices.
Could someone please assist me?