Code Block not working due to conflict

Another thought @teocomi - try it with a Release build, not under debug - does it reproduce then?

Thanks @Michael_Kirschner2 , here’s what I found:

• none of the linked deps was present in the build were I could repro the issue
  • I built both Dynamo Core and Dynamo Revit in Release mode, and could still not repro the issue

Could it be something to do with the order addins and their dlls are loaded?

Latest version of Speckle doesn’t fix it but they are working on it

@Daniel_Hurtubise @kslifter we have a workaround that requires replacing your Dynamo installation, if you’re up for it, here are the instructions: Dynamo code block not working in Revit 2023 - #13 by teocomi - Help - Speckle Community

Hopefully we’ll be able to find a proper solution soon :slight_smile:

@Michael_Kirschner2 something else I could try is building locally exactly the same versions that was shipped with Revit and that is causing problems, can you point me to the right commits?

• this is my local build (not sure why the Core version is 2.13.0, as the tag I’m on is v.2.13.1):

• this is the offcial one:

1 Like

yeah, that does not look correct - are you sure that you are pointing to the correct debug/release folder with the dynamo.config file in the revit bin folder?

yes, very likely.

@teocomi - can you do a test in Revit where you can reproduce this issue, what happens if you remove the GD and Player addins? - but keep Dynamo stock?

Hey @Michael_Kirschner2 ,

Disabling GenerativeDesignForRevit is indeed enough to get things working again!
Not sure why, as I did not spot any potentially conflicting dlls in that folder…
Let me know if I can do anyting else :slight_smile:

Hi i’m running the same version of Dynamo and just did a fresh (re)install (revit 2023 as a whole).
I have the same issue with the code Blocks, but disableling or uninstalling generative design doesn’t do the trick for me.

I also don’t have any other packages installed…

@jacob.small: I know this is a far strech but could there be a bug in the original source code of Dynamo (version 2.13.1.3891)? or is there an other known solution for this?

1. Disable all Revit add-ins.
  2. Restart the CPU
  3. Start Revit
  4. Start a new file from no template (select none)
  5. Start Dynamo
  6. Reproduce the error in Dynamo
  7. Quit Revit
  8. Post the Revit journal and Dynamo log

You can also reach out to my colleagues in support as this is a Revit issue, by starting a support case on the accounts portal at Manage.Autodesk.com

2 Likes

Hello @AlexanderVandenbergh …do you have speckle installed it gives problem,therestill are some conflict here…speckle works on it :wink: try disable the speckle addin,you could try diroots addin manager for disable…ps…for me it isnt enough to diable GD

nope no speckel installed just fresh clean install!

Hmmmm

Speckle isn’t the only add-in which can cause the conflict. Even tools installed for other applications can cause the issue as they often ‘hook into’ the Revit application directories to get their exporters set up.

The journals and logs are the first step to to identifying the source of the issue.

I have send the logs to the support crew at autodesk :slight_smile: .
Thank your for you guidance Jacob!

i’ll post the outcome of the bug on this post later on.

Hi all!

After a fast support conversation and some testing i can conclude the folowing:
The bug lies somewhere with generative design, since i never had spickle installed in the first place.
I don’t exclude that pickle can also cause some issues ofcourse.
After deleting the Generative Design addin all worked fine again.
Updates and clearling temp-files didn’t help.

PS.: i first delete de GD-dll’s themselfs and that didn’t fix it, it was the GD-addin folder that is neede to delete to fix it.

I hope that the generative design-team gets word of this and goes for a bug-hunt :slight_smile: .
The funny thing was that the support team redirected me to this forum post :stuck_out_tongue:,
so i think there is not much knowledge about this yet.

For now i can’t use generative design wich is a hard bummer and i hope we can find some work around for that :frowning:
Since i’m building some early-design analyses for ecologie this is a big part of my utilyset gone now for revit 2023 atleast…

1 Like

GD runs fine with Revit - are there any other add-ins installed on the system? Searching your journal for “Vendor” should give a list, anything which isn’t Autodesk (or some spelling version there of) would indicate a possible conflict. Also searching for “API_Error” (or some version thereof) will give clues as to where the issues lay.

I have Speckle 2.8 for Revit and Dynamo 2.16.1.27 in Revit 2023.1.1 and it is still a problem, after deactivate Speckle, I had access to the Code Blocks

Hey @jan.appelgryn please try disabling GenerativeDesign as described here.

Unfortunately this is the only workaround we can recommend, until we have more information on what the conflic is due to from the dynamo team.

I did not have Generative design activated, mine is working now, Thanks