Greyed out code block bug


#1

Hi all,

I seem to having a problems with the code block being greyed-out and not letting me type anything in to the code block itself.

I’ve only been having this problem since upgrading to version 1.1 it’s happening with all my codes. Please see below:-

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Dynamo 1.3.1 and Revit 2017 Crashing When Using a Code Block
Code Block greyed out
#2

Have you tried uninstall old version of Dynamo and reinstall the latest version?


#3

Thomas,

Why do you need to uninstall over versions?

Regards


#4

#5

This is due to a component dll (AvalonEdit.dll) conflict with Revit Host, we did not found a reliable way of reproducing it untill recently. Fix has been applied to Dynamo4Revit 2016 and Dynamo4Revit 2017 today. Please try uninstall and reinstall the newer builds starting from tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your issue with us! Really appreciated it.


#6

I have the same problem. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the newer version today but nothing…


#7

I am also having the same issue; I went through the process of reinstalling the program as well, nothing. I thought it was related to a package I may have downloaded, but there was no change. I have only been able to add numerical text, but no luck in adding any alphabetical text.


#8

Add my name to the list. I just installed the latest daily build, didnt change anything


#9

Me too.

I got the issue on both my laptop and my workstation.
Once I got it corrected by complete uninstall of Dynamo and reinstall of latest daily build, but then I occurred again after a reboot.
The only viable solution I have found so far, was to completely uninstall Dynamo and then reinstall v.1.1, which seems to be working on both my workstation and my laptop.


#10

as a workaround you can try removing the avalonEdit dll from Dynamo folder.


#11

yes, by removing the ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll, the code block in Revit 2017 can be active, however, the Dynamo 2016 cannot function.:weary:


#12

I am having this issue too when upgrading to 1.2.1 stable build in both Revit 2016 and 2017. Disabling the ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll seems to have fixed the issue.


#13

By copiing the DynamoSettings.xml from the AppData-folder to the user folder where the packages are installed, the bug disappeared at my pc.


#14

There may also be an AvalonEdit conflict with PyRevit, please see https://github.com/DynamoDS/Dynamo/issues/8118. For a workaround we suggest: eirannejad/pyRevit#231 (comment)