Closed spline revit

hello ,
i am trying to do a closed spline in revit to model this geometrical shape in the picture but i failed.
i drew a closed spline on autocad and impored it to revit , but when i create the geometry the results is not a clean geometry ( as in the picture ,those 2 extra edges )
does anyone know how to model this shape in a clean way through closed spline or through any other method ?

Thank you for any help

Hola Amigo @sabra.tarek buenas. Normally Nurbs Curves and Splilines are not so compatible with other geometry nodes and vice versa many nodes ask for a specific type of element Curve, Polycurve, Line and Nurbs curves etc, and I think that’s where your problem comes from, i sometimes use the node Polycurve.ByJoindedCurves to transform NurbsCurve into Polycurves this help me a lot, for your topic, If I were you I would first make a solid as regular as possible and then cut the solid with a specific profile, it is only a suggestion not a solution, you are the artist, I hope this helps you!

Cylinder vs Surface.dyn (34.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

Just to test a native Revit process, if you draw a wall from a circle, you’ll see that it makes it as 2 walls, each a semi-circle.

There are things we can do in Dynamo (as Gilberto says) to make a seamless NURBS, or in AutoCAD, as you did… However I think that when they come into Revit it will generate Seams.

I did a quick play bringing in a seamless NURBS solid from Dynamo as an Import Instance, however even then, Revit created a Seam.

I hope that is useful,

Mark

2 Likes