Clockwork Package - "FamilyInstance.ByPointInView" extract Python Script

Hi, since our task required to place Annotation Family on Sheets and we used the “FamilyInstance.ByPointInView” by Clockwork. It works fine but we would like to extract the Python Script and try to let others use the script without package.

I did extract the package and paste it on the Dynamo Script, but it shows errors, and the input data are exactly the same that to the node. May I know does anyone did it successfully?

Thanks

Ping

Why is this desired? Note that this means you’ll have to find every copy of that DYN and update it should the API calls ever have to change. You effectively take over all maintenance duties and management of the .dyns in favor of management of your package deployments, and managing package deployment is far more manageable in my opinion.

As far as modifying the code, what is the error you’re seeing? Note that because you’re no longer wrapped in a custom node you will now have to manage all possible cases of lists (single item, list of items, lists of lists of items, etc.), and as such my gut says you will need to ensure the list structure prior to reaching the previous Python content, or modify the code to deal with a list.

1 Like