Clockwork and incompatibility IronPython2

Hi all,

I have a compatibility problem with IronPython2 and the clockwork package (Revit 2023 and Dynamo 2.16):

I try to use Document.LoadFamily and i have a warning error, any help would be appreciated, do you know an alternative to load families with dynamo?

Thanks,

Hi @Remy_Maurcot try install dynamoironpython package 2.7 ver 2.5…alternative could be just drag the families into project or think synthezise have some nodes as well for that but will not override exist family then i guess we need the family document, genius loci and think crumple have some nodes for that…

PS… you are sure your ironpython is version 2.5 ?

1 Like

Hi @sovitek thanks for your quick reply, yes i have installed dynamoironpython package 2.7 but it’s a same issu

1 Like

Which version? If you install the latest it will fail to work unless you’re in Dynamo 3.0. you need to install the older version 2.5.

2 Likes

I try to install old version, but andy pecise to use DynamoIronPython2.7

Installation is simple - just use Dynamo’s built-in package manager and search for Clockwork. Make sure you have the correct version of Clockwork installed that corresponds to your installed version of Dynamo (most likely 2.x). As of Revit 2023 you will need to install the package “DynamoIronPython2.7” (also from the package manager). Dynamo’s workspace reference view extension will prompt you to install version 2.1 of that package. Don’t do that! Instead install the latest version of that package.

@jacob.small where can I find version 2.5?

hi

cordially
christian.stan

2 Likes

Evening all,

Recently i got the same error.The steps how i solved this error,i have explained it below.

At the node end u can find three dotes …click on it …u will find edit custom node option(get into that ) and u will find python node (click on three dotes)…u will find python engine version click on it …change ironpython2 to Cpython3…

Once u convert ironpython2 to Cpython3.further u wont get this error…

This will not work consistently - you’ll want to deploy the correct Python package version instead.

Finaly, i have uninstall all plugin, after in order i have install DynamoIronPython2.7 (version 2.5.0) and i have install clockwork.
It’s work fine now !

1 Like