Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Please don’t share email addresses in the open forum. It increases spam bots for both us and you.

thankyou lott @jacob.small

Hi,thank you very much for the great work!

I’ve been trying to use the “AddFixedSpiral” block.

The issue I’m having is that all spiral alignment subentities inserted are clockwise.

Suppose I insert the “Fixed Spiral” manually with the Civil 3D alignment tools, I could specify Clockwise or Counterclockwise.

I wonder if this function could be replicated using Civil3DToolkit?

Thanks again!

Hi! I have been looking for information on what is new in Civil 3D Toolkit 1.1.29 but I could not fid any. If there is a place for this can some one help me with directions to find it?

1 Like

there are new tunnel nodes (courtesy of Safi) and a few bug fixings, minor updates I’d say.
As you might have figured I did not have much time to work on the Toolkit since last March…

3 Likes

hi,
great work on the civil toolkit!

On working with sample lines it would be amazing to be able to use a custom name instead of or additional to the sampleLinePrefix.

TinSurfaceExtensions.Crop doesn’t seem to check for existing surfaces names and then makes duplicates. Perhaps a bindings issue?

Hello Paolo. I try to install the Toolkit package, but can’t find it. If i go to search packages, it does not appear.

I am using Civil 3d 2021 and Dynamo 2.5.
May you help me? please.

Thanks a lot!

use a [wait,pass][1] on an codeblock
the wait you put the output of the copy, then delete it.

Using Dynamo Player it behaves like you want, creating a new one, without the need to copy delete.

Hey! What is causing this problem?

Hi Paolo,

I am trying to create a script to add Breaklines to a surface using the TinSurfaceExtensio.addStandardBreakline Node, I am missing the ability to set the description of the breakline in surface definition to reflect the feature line name.

Any chance that can be added to the node as currently, it have all other options ( mid ordinate, weeding …etc) with the expectation of description ?

1 Like

Hello everyone!

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

I’m trying to create Featureline from Polyline, with putting them to the surfaces with adding points of triangulation.

Faced with the fact that if the polyline consists of one segment, then 1 of the points of intersection with the surface boundary does not add a point to the featureline.
I see in the LOG the points are pruned

polyline
FeatureLine
DWG
20211127 - Create Feature from polyline.dwg (642.8 KB)
DYN
20211127 - Create Feature from polyline.dyn (98.0 KB)
LOG
Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.log.txt (17.2 KB)

I’m tinkering with the Monocle package and it has a cool feature for adding a note at each custom node, and it uses the parent name, which in this case is just “Autodesk”, would it be easy to rename it to “Civil3DToolkit”? Or do you think there is a short coming in Monocle?

1 Like

Those nodes are not in the Toolkit, they are out of the box…

the points are pruned to avoid coincident points calling the same function you have in Dynamo.
Also in your example there is a Polyline with a single segment that generates a featureline that has all the intersection points.

Thanks for raising it again, this is similar to what @mzjensen found on profile views.
I’ve been looking into this but I still don’t get a consistent behavior, Dynamo Player works fine but Dynamo with full UI in subsequent runs fails to take into account all the previously created objects and it works only the first 2 consecutive runs. I’ve been checking the IDs of the objects created and although they are in the Database they don’t get picked up when I’m counting for similar objects with names that start with the same text.

1 Like

Thanks for raising this, fixed in 1.1.31

2 Likes

It works on my end, collinear points polylines have been fixed a while back

1 Like

The SiteName and SiteId are read-only properties.

Hi Paolo,
I could confirm the fix.
Thank you very much.