Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Unfortunately, View Frames are a Civil 3D object that doesn’t truly connect to the Sheet Set Manager API. The Sheet Set Manager package also doesn’t have any support for views, right now. It is on my list to attempt, but has been on the back burner.
If there’s a package for creating the views and sheets using the View Frames, you could then add those sheets to the sheet set with my package. You’d still have an issue with not being able to access the views after that.

2 Likes

Hi, When the curve is straight line with multiple vertex, PolylineExtensions.ObjectByGeometry node has not any error. However, there is not the polyline in Civil 3D.

If the curve is not straight line, the node draw the polyline in Civil 3D.

If I use Polyline.ByPoints node, there is the polyline in Civil 3D.

I use Civil 3D 2022.0.1 Update, Dynamo Civil3D 2.10.1.214 and Civil3DToolkit 1.1.28.
Is this known issue for PolylineExtensions.ObjectByGeometry node?

I am also interested to know about this issue. I have the same problem with the node in question.

1 Like

Hi!

I have trouble loading the package and getting the flowing notification:

“A package called Civil3DToolkit found at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages\fed97dca-c47e-4dcc-91b9-cf4bd27fa255gregPkg396 could not be verified to have signed dll files. A dll file found at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages\fed97dca-c47e-4dcc-91b9-cf4bd27fa255gregPkg396\bin\Autodesk.Civil3DToolkit.dll did not have a certificate attached. Ignoring it.”

I tried running the latest version of the package without any luck, any suggestion on how to solve the issue?

Do you have a node for setting the hydraulic grade lines and Flow Rate? I am trying to adjust my network from values in a spreadsheet. I can get the pipe size and invert elevations to work.

Thanks

Hi @fner99,

Can you try ObjectExtensions.GetParameters and ObjectExtensions.SetParameterValueByName?

Sample Image below:

Very minor thing, I found a typo on one of the nodes. Toolkit > PipeNetworks > Pipe > ParSizeName. It went messing with my search for half a second. (“Why does structures have one but not pipes!.. oh”)

1 Like

Toolkit part of public road map Trello Trello

1 Like

@Drbohlav you beat me :wink: , the Civil 3D dev team is planning their road map and now is the time for the Dynamo for Civil 3D community’s opportunity to vote for integrating Civil3DToolkit into core dynamo! just need your email to sign up for free and vote here: Trello

3 Likes

Hi, i was trying to swap my structures, but it only call’s the one i changed manually and it doesn’t change any structure… i would be thankful for your help.

Dear Kulkul
please share with us script its very helpful us

Thankyou
Naveen-BIM

Please don’t share email addresses in the open forum. It increases spam bots for both us and you.

thankyou lott @jacob.small

Hi,thank you very much for the great work!

I’ve been trying to use the “AddFixedSpiral” block.

The issue I’m having is that all spiral alignment subentities inserted are clockwise.

Suppose I insert the “Fixed Spiral” manually with the Civil 3D alignment tools, I could specify Clockwise or Counterclockwise.

I wonder if this function could be replicated using Civil3DToolkit?

Thanks again!

Hi! I have been looking for information on what is new in Civil 3D Toolkit 1.1.29 but I could not fid any. If there is a place for this can some one help me with directions to find it?

1 Like

there are new tunnel nodes (courtesy of Safi) and a few bug fixings, minor updates I’d say.
As you might have figured I did not have much time to work on the Toolkit since last March…

3 Likes

hi,
great work on the civil toolkit!

On working with sample lines it would be amazing to be able to use a custom name instead of or additional to the sampleLinePrefix.

TinSurfaceExtensions.Crop doesn’t seem to check for existing surfaces names and then makes duplicates. Perhaps a bindings issue?

Hello Paolo. I try to install the Toolkit package, but can’t find it. If i go to search packages, it does not appear.

I am using Civil 3d 2021 and Dynamo 2.5.
May you help me? please.

Thanks a lot!

use a [wait,pass][1] on an codeblock
the wait you put the output of the copy, then delete it.

Using Dynamo Player it behaves like you want, creating a new one, without the need to copy delete.