Change workplane to level of colliding object

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
I´m stuck again :slight_smile: I try to change the workplane of a cutout to the level of the object it is colliding with. I copied the file from another file and now it has an offset of 18.4 and uses the 0.0 Level to place the object. I wish to change this by changing the work plane of this object and changing the offset corresponding to the level elevations.

My problem is the following. I don´t find any node which is able to set the workplane of an object and the revit api only has “SetWorkplane” here: https://www.revitapidocs.com/2018.2/f6ccdc1b-6ac3-9c49-d0bb-8a7d1877eab0.htm
But it does not really seem to be a proper function?!

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Jannis

_temp_change_workplane.dyn (24.1 KB)

I still didn´t figure out a way to do this? It creates huge problems and massive workarounds to solve this problem. For this reason it would be super-great if someone can help me with this one :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I´m still struggling with this one. Currently, I´m at the point of copying all info from the object to another newly created object which is created with a different work plane, but it feels uncomfortable and stiff. Are there any options to perform UI Actions as if I would click? The buttons are there to perform the desired action…

Take look here please.