Change Sheet "Type" Identity Data Parameter

Hopefully this one is an easy fix. I’ve been looking into countless threads, and I feel like I’m getting super close, I just don’t know how to change the sheet Type to be referenced in dynamo, as it keeps using “Type: Sheet” instead of the field you can fill out here:

I can successfully do this for only one instance using this method, but I can’t figure out how to pull the correct “Type”.

How can I specify to get the correct sheet Type parameter, and apply that to a list of sheets? I tried finding all instances by ID in that list (hence why the flatten is here), to no avail. This is the final step I need to group sheets in a general project setup script I’m making, help would be appreciated.

@ewelchdynamo ,

can you not just use SetParameteByName ?

KR

Andreas

I have also tried that.

I believe the issue I found in another thread is that Type is being used as Type: DISCIPLINE within the sheet Identity Data and Type: Sheet in Revit/Dynamo. However, I can specify as shown before to get the correct parameter, but it only changes the Type of one sheet, and I need to apply that change to all of those sheets from the create node.

@ewelchdynamo ,

cycle the values…

KR

Andreas

I am still getting the same error.

@ewelchdynamo ,

do you set a type or instance parameter ? is it a stringvalue ?

It is a string value. I suppose it is technically considered a shared parameter, aligned per group type.

@ewelchdynamo ,

flatten your elements input before ?

Same issue.

I think I just need a way to pinpoint by ID and set Parameter ByID instead of ByName, but I don’t know if that node exists. I think it keeps pulling the wrong Type using ByName.

This is why it’s recommended not to use duplicate names for parameters. Your options are to get both parameters and either check the ElementId or the built in name (for the FamilyType parameter).

If you’re not too familiar with python you’ll probably have more luck with the IDs. Built in parameters will have negative IDs, so you can look for the non-negative value.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I can’t change the name of the parameter (or I definitely would) since it’s greyed out. I’ll see if I can filter and go from there…

Is there a set parameter node that subs Name for ID? That’s pretty much the exact node I need. Not too familiar with python… yet. I was trying to see if I could edit an existing node.

I don’t believe so. You would just filter the parameter element based on the Id and then supply the parameter element.

1 Like

I can probably skim this down even more, but it works!

Thanks all!

1 Like