Change shared parameter in titleblock

Hiya,

Complete newbie here (first dynamo script and post on this site) so apologies if this an obvious question.

I am trying to batch change the value of all instances of a shared parameter within our title block (north angle). I think I have managed to get to them (angles show on the list). But I get the following error:

Warning: Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer. (3f47aacd)

Image of my workflow below for reference, any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

PS I know there are other ways of sorting out the north alignment, I am using this as a first test

Your first title block shows an empty value which could mean that the parameter doesn’t exist for that family. If this is the case, trying to set that parameter will fail. Normally this is OK as Dynamo will just return a null for that instance, but most nodes error out when the first value of an output fails with a null or empty list. This is probably going to be an issue.

However, the immediate issue is that you are using the parameter value as the element input. Send the elements from All Elements of Category into the SetParameterByName node.

Yup, just figured it out myself a minute ago. The trick was to make the connection between All Elements to SetParaemterByName nodes.

Thanks Nick!