Change Host Family parameter by referencing Nested Family Parameter

Hello!

I’m working on a Dynamo script that will reference a parameter in a Revit family, and based on that field, fill a different parameter with information referenced from an Excel file.

I’ve referenced the threads listed below to get close to what I’m after:

Here is a snippet of what I have currently:

The problem I am running into is that the parameter that I am referencing in the family is an instance parameter of a nested family pulled into the host family. When I try writing the data from excel back into the family it references the nested family instead of the host family and the nested family parameter where the excel information would be written to is not editable. What I would like to happen is for the excel information to be written to the host family parameter. I can’t figure out how to reference the nested family parameter, but then write to the host family parameter.

I am newer to Dynamo so I may be going about this all wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My file is also linked below:
Pre-InstallsT3.dyn (74.2 KB)

Here is a link to my Revit Model with the Equipment families for reference:

@walraven.timo Would you be willing to take a look at this? Your help on the above thread was the basis of my script. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’m sorry, but I haven’t used Dynamo/Revit in almost 3 years and don’t remember the in’s and out’s of this script. From reading your text, I would advise you to look at the way your family is set up to make it Dynamo compatible. Hope you can figure it out yourself, cheerio!