Change Dimensions Below Value

Hello Forum,

I’m trying to change specific Below Values of dimensions in my project. I wanted all the dimensions with Below Value ‘‘10’’ to change. The final FilterByBoolMask only gives me 1 dimension element, wich is wrong, and changes it. Does someone know how to fix it?

Change Below Value REVIT 2022 V2.dyn (24.3 KB)

By using List.Flatten you are removing the blanks from your Dimension.BelowValue string list which is filtering those dimensions out and throwing off your bool returns from the String.Contains node. So your last filter by bool is not comparing the correct true/false to the correct dimension. Take out the flatten and set the lacing of the string contains and filter by bool to longest.

It still doesn’t change the parameters.

What does the last node (SetBelowValue) says? Nothing?

I think you need to change how you filter, as you are looking for any string containing ‘10’ you will also change your values where koppenmaat is 10K.

So an == filter would be better here i think.

1 Like

I get this:

Can you try to use List.Flatten before SetBelowValue?

I dont think that’s possible, as a single dimension can have multiple below values, (assuming its one continues dimension)

It changes the wrong dimensions :frowning:

That’s because you are using a ‘string contains’ node, so all dimensions containing 10 will be altered, even those that have a koppenmaat of 10. You need to use a == node, to find dimensions that have a string value equaling 10,instead of containing.

You also need to be careful with flattening your lists, as a continues dimension is just one element, but can have multiple ‘below values’ :slight_smile:

This is where your list levels are coming from.

1 Like

I’m gonna try the == node :smiley:

Perhaps this script can help…
When you press run, select the dimensions that needs to change, the python script will calculate the koppenmaat, and will leave a value for a restmaat.
I assume you are trying to get dynamo to place ‘restmaat’ where you are placing ‘test’ now.

You can alter the koppenmaat, voegenmaat and abreviations in the script:

Metselwerk maatvoering.dyn (25.3 KB)

1 Like

I’m trying to delete the below values by ‘‘dilataties’’. We have a script that calculates the lengths and gives us the ‘‘koppenmaat’’. We need to use a different dimension type by ‘‘dilatiaties’’. That is the best way. But we used the same dimension type, that’s why im finding a way to fix it :smiley:

I altered the python script in to change all the dimensions that have a value of 10 (or another if you supply it with something besides 10) and change the tekst to the given input.
Metselwerk maatvoering test.dyn (20.4 KB)

Be careful to only select dimensions that you want to change, not ALL dimensions, as it will alter any dimension that measures exactly 10mm

1 Like

Thanks I’m going to test it!

Your script solves the problem thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1 Like