Can the dynamo arrange bricks automatically ? Thans all first!

Thank you very much!
In the construction of the project, there will be many masonry walls need to arrage in advance, I think it is possible to use dynamo to solve on it,so study this technology application, so that dynamo technology in BIM to maximize the application.
If it’s not convenient to share, just give me some advice. Thanks again!

1 Like

Spent some time making a randomized color display using pallets from https://www.colourlovers.com/.

Brick%20Colors

Larger GIF here: https://twitter.com/JacobWSmall/status/1186095197245100032?s=20

Concepts are pretty well documented in the graph (I think), so you should be able to build what parts are relevant to you.

12 Likes

Thank you for taking much time to teach me! I will study it hardly and carefully first.
There’s no doubt that you are not only an expert,but also a good teacher!
:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jacob,

Lots of fun, nice work…

I noticed a slight typo, here’s how I think it should be…

If this is the way the OP wants to go, here’s a version based brick dimensions… It’s still quite rough and would need work to accommodate openings, joining walls etc.

This example is 10m x 8m… When I load it in, it generates an RVT that’s about 10meg bigger than an empty one.

Hope that’s of interest,

Mark

Hmmm… I think I had it that way at one point but when I went into more elaborate shapes (I have a version which places 8288 bricks on a ‘looped’ non-plannar surface like my original) I was getting bad results. We both show a half offset between rows, so this may be a moot point. In any case I am glad you’re having fun with it. This graph may make its way into my AU course (it’s a bit slow for a demo though, doubly so after you add element bindings).

I do like that you set stuff to a common size though. I held off on it at first due to localization concerns (units, what size is a brick at the @tiga2013’s locale, etc).

1 Like

Hi Jacob,

It would be really great to be able to set Iso Lines at a specific Length… I hoped that the simple inputs would allow different sizes to be accommodated easily.

Really good to see your stuff pushing and pulling info from webpages, I’ve not done much of that. It feels like more sophisticated text grabbing tools would make our lives a lot simpler :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Mark

1 Like

A good ‘build’ for that is to try pulling the weather data for your job site. This used to be part of my ‘automated’ field reports back when I was practicing. Worth looking into if you or your office spend time in CA phases of a project. Just remember if that site changes your code will have to as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Mark.Ackerley @jacob.small
You guys seem to grasp something most of us don’t
can you elaborate?

Which bit? The web parsing? Follow the light green nodes in my example graph, building them as is and read the previews carefully. Tip: What looks like gibberish rarely is.

You have done a wonderful job explaining element binding.
That’s something not understood by the most of us if you are unaware.
Can you do something similar?
I do feel that following the thought (the process) can help.