Can anyone tell me why the "Wall Location" not working?

Hi, I just need to know why all types and all methods to change a wall location are not working !!?? it even stopped to give me an error message and yet no wall is actually moved??

OR

Please help and many thanks in advance

Would you post an image of the error?

1 Like

@firas007noori You need an integer to change it. The value varies between 0 and 5.

1 Like

Hi @firas007noori
As @salvatoredragotta said use integer to change values.

thank you dear, I just did an integer slider as you suggested but still not working see the attached image, and many thanks again

thank you dear, it is still not working see the image please

Well, now I checked it again, and I noticed that the location line is actually changing since the beginning but the wall still not moving or changing its place according to it, as if it is for the new wall not for the already built ones!! so if I wanted to create a wall by dynamo and decide its location to be “Finish Exterior” for example before I build it?? would that be possible??
thanks in advance

many thanks for your time, but the wall is still aligned to its center and not moving when you change the “Location Line”

Changing the Location Line of the wall does not move a wall in Revit Dynamo or not. If you draw a wall manually and then change the value you’ll see the wall doesn’t move then either. Also, the blue line and dots you see in the images I believe are Dynamo geometric representations not actual Revit information. Once you have the location line set, adjustments to the wall layers and/or thickness will move in or out from that position. I think you are doing what you want, but the Wall won’t move no matter what location line you choose until you edit the wall in some way.

2 Likes

You are totally right!! I did draw the wall manually!! and when I changed the location line it did not move at all!! I must select the location line before I draw the wall!! and even with (Wombat) extra wall tool that allows you to select the wall location line to create walls, it is not working :frowning:
If you have any idea of how to do that (Dynamo base) I would be really appreciate that.

Thank you again dear Sean1, I do appreciate your help

Now that you have a better grasp on what is going on, wouldn’t using the original Wall.ByCurveAndLocation node get you what you want since it allows you to select the Location Line on creation? Another solution would be to translate (move) the wall after you place it relative to what Location Line you want to use.

1 Like

the Wall.ByCurveAndLocation is not doing that for some reason, I added a picture of it somewhere here in this post, and I just create an Geometry.Offset to offset the original curve before I create the wall to make it look better, but it is not 100% accurate as you know.

I thank you dear for your help
FN

Keep in mind that the direction in which you draw your line also affects the orientation of the wall. A line drawn left to right is not the same as a line drawn right to left.

2 Likes